Friday 10 June 2011

Makeup entry competition for Sacred Lashes June Theme is Goddess

Sacred Lashes has decided to hold a competition every month for makeup artists in the US, UK and Nigeria. I decided i will enter every month so i can have my creative juices flowing. I would love to win but let us not forget there are so many talented makeup artists out there that i would just like to be able to showcase my work. The competition said you could do the makeup on a model or yourself. I decided to do it on guess who (yes me!!)



First i used Fraulein gel liner in black to line my eyes and give it that winged effect. I then applied Lise eye shimmers in Gold gothic with a wet brush (i used a face paint brush) all over my eyes. I then used the fraulein gel liner on my eyeliner brush to make the black outline outside.

For foundation i used MUD GY2 and Sacha loose powder (perfect bronze). I did a little contour on my cheeks with the sleek contour kit and finished off with Sacha lipstick(just red). While i was thinking that my hair did not go with the look, a thought suddenly occurred to me to tie my head with our native head wrap and wear this beautiful necklace.

I got this inspiration from our very own Nigerian movies. i was going for an african priestess with supernatural powers. I hope i got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment